Sunday, September 21, 2008

We've had a lot going on this week, so I haven't had a chance to upload everything until now. I've also noticed my awesome Cannon digital camera seems to be taking poor quality images, regardless of lighting. :( I hope I don't have to invest in another camera anytime soon!

Since none of the Rite Aids around me seem to be holding the Cover Girl B1G1F sale that's stated in their ad (!!!), I went ahead and worked out a scenario at CVS for the Cover Girl 'buy $10 get $3 ecbs'. These were incredibly difficult to photograph thanks to the reflective packaging, what a pain!



Cover Girl Outlast Smoothwear - $5.99/ea. x 2

Subtotal: $11.98

- $2.00 CVS Coupon ($2/$10)
- $5.99 Cover Girl B1G1F Coupon

New Subtotal: $3.99

Used: $3.99 ECBs

Paid OOP: $0.42 (only tax!)

Received: $3.00 ECB (cover girl)

I spent more ECB than I received, but I needed to roll them and use my Cover Girl coupons anyway. Depending on my response from Rite Aid (I emailed corporate) regarding their faulty advertising, I may use the rest of my Cover Girl coupons in the same scenario at CVS again. I went to a second CVS and did the following transaction...



Purex Detergent - $2.99
Aleve Sinus & Headache 10ct. - $3.99
Excedrin Express Gels - $3.99

Subtotal: $10.97

- $2.00 CVS Coupon ($2/$10)
- $1.00 Aleve Coupon
- $1.00 Excedrin Coupon

New Subtotal: $6.97

Used: $5.00 ECB & $1.00 ECB

Paid OOP: $0.97 + tax (gift card)

Received: $1.00 ECB (purex), $3.00 ECB (aleve), $3.99 ECB (excedrin)

My husband has been have some back problems this past week and the chiropractor recommended using a heating pad. I figured I'd just put the rest of my Walgreens RRs towards this, here's what we did...



Large Heating Pad - $19.99
Crest Mouthwash - $4.49

Subtotal: $24.48

- $10.00 Register Rewards
- $6.00 Register Rewards

New Subtotal: $8.48 + tax

Received: $4.50 RR (crest)

A few goodies I've received in the mail recently...



Schick Quatro Titanium Mens Razor! & Sample bag of Wholesome Goodness cat food + a free product coupon.



Downy $1.00 coupon, Gillette body wash sample & Cottonelle fresh wipes sample pack.

UPDATE: After several phone calls from Rite Aid regarding their false advertising of the Cover Girl B1G1F sale, I was assured multiple times that the everything was fixed. I went to the store yesterday (Saturday - last day of sale) and guess what? IT WAS NOT FIXED. I was extremely unhappy. I ran to CVS to use up my Cover Girl coupons, only to find I could only do one more transaction - otherwise it would be a waste of money without receiving ECBs. :( I still have six CG coupons! Arg.



Cover Girl Outlast Smoothwear - $5.99/ea. x 2

Subtotal: $11.98

- $2.00 CVS Coupon ($2/$10)
- $5.99 Cover Girl B1G1F Coupon

New Subtotal: $3.99

Used: $3.99 ECBs

Paid OOP: $0.42 (only tax!)

Received: $3.00 ECB (cover girl)

I made a few purchases this past week that we're quite "deals". One I needed, the other I wanted. :) My crockpot was in serious need of replacement. The one I had was low quality and only had two settings; low & high. My recipe called for 8 hours on low, after 3 hours our meal was completely burnt. Needless to say, we decided to purchase a nicer one.



We purchased this at Bed, Bath & Beyond for $34.99 and used one of their 20% off coupons. And guess what showed up in the mail a couple of days later? A $10 off $30 coupon! HAH. Figures.

The second thing (the want, not need) I found on Craigslist. A beautiful, two month old, female Veiled Chameleon. Hand raised and extremely friendly! I needed a pick-me-up and this has certainly done that. I'm still trying to figure out a name...

No comments: