Sunday, August 24, 2008

Today I managed to crawl out of bed long enough to find some coupons and run to Kroger. The husband picked up a Sunday paper for me, phew, so it was not forgotten! I haven't even picked through the paper yet. I just needed to make a quick run for some groceries for this week. Here's what we managed to get...



Sara Lee Soft & Smooth White Bread - $2.59/ea. x 4
Red Potatoes - $4.99
Diet Coke - $1.50
V8 Fusion Juice - $3.99/ea. x 2
Friskies Cat Treats - $1.79/ea. x 6
Hillshire Farm Deli Meat - $3.00/ea. x 2
2 Onions - $1.28
Cat Litter - $3.99
Parmesan Cheese - $2.69
Bread Crumbs - $1.50

Subtotal: $51.03

- $2.59 Sara Lee FREE Bread Coupon
- $2.59 Sara Lee FREE Bread Coupon
- $2.59 Sara Lee FREE Bread Coupon
- $2.59 Sara Lee FREE Bread Coupon WYB 2 Hillshire Farm Lunchmeats
- $1.79 Friskies FREE Cat Treats Coupon
- $1.79 Friskies FREE Cat Treats Coupon
- $1.79 Friskies FREE Cat Treats Coupon
- $1.79 Friskies FREE Cat Treats Coupon
- $1.79 Friskies FREE Cat Treats Coupon
- $1.79 Friskies FREE Cat Treats Coupon
- $3.99 V8 Fusion Juice FREE Coupon
- $3.99 V8 Fusion Juice FREE Coupon

New Subtotal: $21.95

I found the Sara Lee FREE Bread w/Hillshire Farm Deli Meat Purchase coupons on a tearpad in the bread section. I grabbed a few more, they don't expire until the end up September! I have to say I noticed a HUGE difference in prices on this trip, lots of items have doubled in price. My usual spaghetti sauce is $2.59 for the large bottle, today it was $3.99! Ouch. Thankfully I'm stocked on that and pasta from a previous sale.

We didn't get much, but we didn't need much either. We made a meal plan for the week (based on the husbands work schedule) and we checked the pantry before we left.

Sunday - Hot Dogs + Potatoes/Onions
Monday - Chicken Pot Pie
Tuesday - Spaghetti & Meatballs
Wednesday - Chicken Parmesan
Thursday - Grilled Cheese / Sandwiches

I'll have enough leftovers from Mon/Tue/Wed meals to bring them to work for lunch! We started tonights dinner, grilling out and it was a nice evening. Then there was a downpour, fun weather we've been having lately! We ended up soaked, but dinner was delicious. I'm on an onion kick recently...



DELICIOUS! :) Now I'm going to lay back in bed and finish watching Smart People and a Lifetime movie I recorded earlier, lol.

No comments: