Monday, August 25, 2008

No shopping goodies today, but just a few things to share! First off, a mail bag update. I finally received the Lego lot I purchased on ebay! It took two weeks to get here, but let me say, it was a bargain. I also received three coupons in the mail: FREE box of Cheerios, FREE 5lb bag of cat food and FREE 5lb bag of dog food. I remember requesting the dog and cat food, but not the Cheerios. Also received a $3.00 check from Pinecone Research. (I miss the $5 days, ugh.)

Secondly, another huge home improvement update. The husband and I did a lot of research the other night and discovered that we do not need to wait for him to get into upper management before relocating. In fact, he can transfer as-is to any store in the United States. Plus renting a moving truck isn't nearly as expensive as we expected! See where I'm going with this? That's right...

We're working hard on getting the house in perfect shape to put it on the market. This will take a little while and cost some money, but it's something we both really, really want. We'd pick up and leave right NOW if we could.

So our next project will be...to install our brand new HARDWOOD floor in the living room, dining room and "foyer". We scored HARDWOOD flooring for under $200.00! And yes, it's hardwood, NOT laminate. I'm quite excited. :) It's not quite the color we would have picked, but since we just plan on selling, it's perfect. Installation won't begin until October (husband has a vacation then), but I'll post pictures when it all starts. I'm sure it'll be just as fun as the tile in the kitchen was, lol.

No comments: