Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mail bag: Received my FREE coupons for a box of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal. This was for the offer where you mail in any other 5 cereal coupons to Post and they'd send you the free coupon. It worked!

Our meal plan is going well this week. I made chicken pot pie yesterday and brought leftovers for lunch today. Tonight I made spaghetti and meatballs, only to realize I'm out of spaghetti. And of course pasta isn't on sale this week, go figure. I made a quick run to Publix....



Honey Bunches of Oats - $3.79
Publix Spaghetti - $1.19/ea. x 2

Subtotal: $6.17

- $3.79 Honey Bunches of Oats FREE Coupon

New Subtotal: $2.38 + tax

I made a shopping list for Rite Aid while sitting in a meeting at work today. So after my Publix trip I ran by Rite Aid since they're right next door. Unfortunately they didn't have 5 of the 7 things on my list. :(



Pert Plus Shampoo/Conditioner - $2.99
Itch-X Gel - $3.99

Subtotal: $6.98

- $2.00 Pert Coupon

New Subtotal: $4.98 + tax

I'll get back $2.00 for the Pert and $3.99 for the Itch-X from the Rite Aid August SCR. So that makes this purchase a profit of $1.01. :)

I made a yummy dessert tonight. Well at least I hope it's yummy! Waiting for the husband to get home from work before I dig into it. It's a homemade shortcake with whipped topping and strawberries! It's the first time I've made it, but it looks good!



The husband is on overnights starting tomorrow. :( No hardwood floor pictures until at least Friday. I think that's when he'll be picking it all up. Off to bed!

No comments: