Sunday, October 19, 2008

My email project has been very successful. I still have several more companies to email, but once it's completed I'll upload my data chart. :) This past week I received the following...(mail bag)...

Schick Intuition Razor or Refill FREE x 1
Pampers $10.00 Off x 3 (!!!)
Skintimate Shave Gel FREE x 1
A coupon booklet for J&J products.

I'm sure there's more. I'll edit the list this evening when I sort everything out. Today I ran to CVS to do a few deals. It seems like they are sticking with the 2-day only ECB deals. :/ VERY annoying. Especially when they are sold out by 2pm on Sundays!! (Oh and none of the CVS stores have restocked on the Wellpatches that are a monthly ECB deal.) Anyway...



$9.99 - Listerine Whitening Pen
$3.99 - G.U.M. Toothbrush 2 Pk.
$1.69 - 32oz. Powerade
$1.29 - Brach's Autumn Mix Candy 10oz.

Subtotal - $16.96

- $3.00 Listerine Coupon
- $1.00 Powerade Coupon

New Subtotal: $12.96

Used: $10.00 ECB & $2.00 ECB

Paid OOP: $0.96 + tax (gift card)

Received: $5.00 ECB (listerine), $3.99 (g.u.m), $1.29 (brachs), $1.69 (powerade)

CVS is running a buy $25 worth of specific baby products, get $10 ecbs. Perfect time to use my Huggies FREE coupons! But of course with my luck, I misplaced one of the free coupons. I still made it work...



$9.99 - Huggies Jumbo Pack Sz. 3
$9.99 - Huggies Jumbo Pack Sz. 3
$2.99 - J&J Baby Shampoo
$2.99 - J&J Baby Shampoo
$1.99 - Excedrin Express Gels 20 ct.

Subtotal - $27.95

- $3.00 CVS Excedrin Coupon
- $9.99 Huggies Coupon
- $3.00 Huggies Coupon
- $1.00 J&J Coupon
- $1.00 J&J Coupon
- $2.00 Excedrin Coupon

New Subtotal - $7.96

Now this is how the transaction should have been, but instead the cashier and assistant manager messed around with my IP coupons, since one did not scan. This is how they rang it up.

Subtotal - $27.95

- $3.00 CVS Excedrin Coupon
- $9.99 Huggies Coupon
- $3.00 Huggies Coupon
- $2.00 Excedrin Coupon (manually entered)
- $2.00 Excedrin Coupon (manually entered)
- $1.00 J&J Coupon (manually entered)
- $2.00 J&J Coupon (manually entered)

New Subtotal: $4.96

Used: $2.00 ECB & $1.69 ECB

Paid OOP: $1.27 + tax (gift card)

Received: $10.00 ECB (huggies)

After that we ran to another CVS only to find that they were sold out of practically everything I had on my scenario list. I did notice they had double edition Sunday papers though! So I put together a small deal...



$2.50 - Sunday Paper
$1.69 - 32oz. Powerade
$1.29 - Brachs Candy
$1.29 - Brachs Candy

Subtotal: $6.77

- $1.00 Powerade Coupon

New Subtotal: $5.77

Used: $4.98 ECB

Paid OOP: $0.79 + tax (gift card)

Received: $1.69 (powerade), $1.29 (brachs), $1.29 (brachs)

Afterwards we decided to make fajitas for dinner. I have chicken, but it's frozen and we aren't patient enough to defrost it. So we ran to Publix to pick up some fresh boneless chicken. Since our order was over $10.00 I went ahead and picked up the penny item for this week.



Greenwise Bathroom Tissue 4 Pk.

Saturday afternoon the husband was on his way home from work when he decided to stop by an estate sale. They had tons of fish, reptile and bird supplies. He came home, picked me up and we ran over there. I was able to score a good bit of stuff I actually needed!



$5.00 - 10 Gallon Aquarium with lid, light, heater, faux plant and two bowls.
$0.25 - Basking Bulb
$0.25 - Basking Bulb
$1.00 - Air Pump (not pictured)

$6.50 TOTAL!!

To give you an idea of what a great deal this is...those basking bulbs are $14.99 each at Petsmart. Those bowls are $5.99 and $8.99 at Petsmart. The air pump is $12.99 at Petsmart. And the tank with lid is roughly $49.99 and the cheapest I found it on craigslist was $30.00 - and that was severely cracked. Needless to say, I'm thrilled with the purchase.

I need to tank to house crickets, since I want to buy in bulk. Lily is growing fast! We're going to be attending a reptile expo soon and plan to purchase crickets and silkworms in bulk + quite possibly a male chameleon. ;) But only if we're able to put together a cheap enough cage before then. I like a challenge!

No comments: