Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I put together several scenarios for a bunch of stores I wanted to go to tonight. Unfortunately it was one of those frustrating times when everything seems to go wrong!

First stop was Kroger. I signed up for the P&G Esaver which adds coupons directly onto your Kroger Plus Card. When it scans, it's suppose to automatically deduct those coupons; this did not work for me. Not one cent came off thanks to that program. Anyway...



$8.99 - Bounty Paper Towels 8 Pk.
$19.99 - Iams 20lb Dog Food
$6.00 - Always Pads
$6.00 - Always Pads
$5.99 - Downy Fabric Softener
$3.49 - Cascade

Subtotal: $50.46

- $5.00 Kroger P&G Sale ($5/$25)
- $5.00 Kroger P&G Sale ($5/$25)
- $1.00 Iams Coupon
- $1.00 Always Coupon
- $1.00 Always Coupon
- $1.00 Cascade Coupon
- $1.00 Downy Coupon
- $0.50 Bounty Coupon

New Subtotal: $34.96

Paid OOP: $34.96 + tax

Now if my card coupons would have worked, my total would have been $25.xx + tax! I'm irked about it. This is the second time I've tried to use the card coupons and they have not worked. I won't bother with it again. However I did spent $50.00 on P&G products! So I can mail off my receipt and get the $120.00 booklet of coupons! Plus it's stuff I needed and will use.

After Kroger we ran to a new Walgreens that recently opened up. I went in looking for the 2 for $8 Listerines. I grabbed the ones on the shelf that were with the sale tag and went to check out. I had the rudest cashier ever. I grabbed the wrong bottles (they were mislabeled, not really my fault). I began to walk away to go get the right ones when the cashier turned to a friend of mine (she didn't know he was with me) and to other customers in line and said "wow what a bitch!" - !!! I was not rude. I hadn't done a thing wrong! I was so upset we just left. My husband went back in and got her name. I've already sent off an email to corporate. I also won't be visiting that store ever again.

At this point I felt completely defeated and just wanted to go home. The husband said to give our Walgreens a shot. I'm glad we did. I love the employees at my store! They are so sweet. I spoke to my favorite employee for a bit, she works the beauty counter. She was telling me about the Revlon FAR. :) This is what I did at that store...



$4.00 - Listerine Whitening
$4.00 - Listerine Whitening

Subtotal: $8.00

- $1.00 Listerine Coupon
- $1.00 Listerine Coupon

New Subtotal: $6.00

Paid OOP: $6.00 + tax

Received: $4.50 RR



$4.99 - Revlon Matte Blue Eye Shadow

Subtotal: $4.99

- $4.50 Walgreens RR

New Subtotal: $0.49

Paid OOP: $0.49 + tax

Will Receive: $4.99 Rebate :)

For some reason it completely escaped me that I had a $2.00 Revlon coupon to use! The other FAR item was out of stock, but I could have easily found a filler! Oh well. I may go back and get the green eye shadow, love the bright colors!

Last stop was Rite Aid. After the September Cover Girl debacle with that store I was afraid of what would happen. Thankfully it went smoothly!



$9.39 - Cover Girl Tru Blend Foundation
$9.39 - Cover Girl Tru Blend Foundation
$3.39 - Cover Girl Black Eye Shadow
$3.39 - Cover Girl Lime Eye Shadow
$3.50 - Pantene Shampoo/Conditioner
$3.50 - Pantene Shampoo/Conditioner

Subtotal: $32.56

- $9.39 Rite Aid Cover Girl B1G1F
- $3.39 Rite Aid Cover Girl B1G1F
- $9.39 Cover Girl B1G1F Coupon
- $3.39 Cover Girl B1G1F Coupon
- $3.00 Pantene Coupon

New Subtotal: $4.00

Used: $2.65 gift card

Paid OOP: $1.35 + tax

Will Receive: $3.00 Rebate for Pantene

Also in the mail today I received another Charlie Brown DVD thanks to the Voila! offer. This is the 2nd one I've received! And I'm awaiting a third. :) The offer was to send in 3 proofs of purchases from Voila! meals. Well I scored about 12 bags of Voila! for $3.00 during a Publix sale awhile ago. :)



The wonderful husband picked me up another white storage shelf from Lowes today. It was on sale for $19.99, plus he got 10% off. Not bad. Those shelves don't seem to go on sale very often. While I took a shower he set it up and reorganized my stockpile for me!



Last weekend we moved my stockpile from the guest bedroom into the "lego room". I need to reclaim the guest bedroom. My poor sister had to sleep on the couch when she stayed over a few nights ago.



This is all my free make-up, samples, razors, toothpastes, etc! Oh and most of my Legos can be see in the bins on the left, lol. Hopefully next week my new shelf will start filling up. ;) Stay tuned...

No comments: