Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I was about to run out of my blood pressure medication, so I knew I'd have to get a refill within the next day or two. I normally have all my prescriptions fulfilled at the Publix pharmacy. However, since I've had ongoing problems with my nearby Publix, I've been wanting to switch pharmacies. And today was that day! I received a CVS flier in the mail to receive a $25.00 gift card with the transfer of a (new) prescription. Yay! The wonderful husband went and had it filled for me while I was at work and he got the $25.00 gift card without a problem. I love CVS!

I made two additional stops at CVS today as well. We have two CVS cards, but have only used one since we signed up. Well I lost my keys this morning and didn't have our usual card on me and I wanted to run by the CVS near work. I had my other card though, so I decided to use it instead.



Kiss Nail Glue - $1.98/ea. x 2

Subtotal: $3.96

Paid OOP: $3.96 + tax

Received: $5.00 ECB

Now...stupid me forgot that you can't use ECBs from one card to another. I hadn't even considered that! So that was out of pocket. I chose to put that earned $5.00 ECB towards the next order...



Dawn Hand Renewal Soap - $0.99/ea. x 2
Dawn Original Soap - $0.99/ea. x 2
Colgate Total Toothpaste - $2.99
Covergirl Wetslicks Lip Color - $5.99

Subtotal: $12.94

- $2.00 CVS Coupon ($2/$10)
- $1.00 Cover Girl Coupon
- $1.00 Dawn Hand Renewal Coupon
- $1.00 Dawn Hand Renewal Coupon
- $1.50 Colgate Coupon
- $0.50 Dawn Coupon
- $0.50 Dawn Coupon

New Subtotal: $5.44

Used: $5.00 ECBs

Paid OOP: $0.44 + Tax

Received: $5.99 ECB (Covergirl) & $2.00 ECB (Colgate)

I'll use that $7.99 towards whatever, because I won't be able to keep up with two cards. One is enough hassle for me as it is!

After dinner and some TV/Xbox time we made a trip to the CVS by our house. The really awesome and nice cashier guy was working, that always makes things much easier!



Accu-Chek Diabetes Monitor - $9.99
Suave Body Wash - $2.00
Colgate Maxfresh Burst Toothpaste - $2.99

Subtotal: $14.98

- $2.00 CVS Coupon ($2/$10)
- $0.50 Suave Coupon
- $1.00 Colgate Coupon

New Subtotal: $11.48

Used: $5.00 ECB & $5.99 ECB

Paid OOP: $0.49 + Tax

Received: $9.99 ECB (monitor), $2.00 ECB (Suave) & $2.00 ECB (Colgate)

I was pleased. Also a note on those monitors, I like to donate them and actually made the mistake of giving one to Goodwill. Not long ago we were at Goodwill and they had a bunch of those monitors stacked behind the counter priced at $79.00!!! :( Ridiculous. I'll be donating them directly to a nursing/assisted living home in the future.

The husband remembered he needed deodorant, so here's our final order for this evening...



Axe Deodorant - $4.99 (!!!)
Suave Body Wash - $2.00/ea. x 3
Colgate Total Toothpaste - $2.99

Subtotal: $13.98

- $2.00 CVS Coupon ($2/$10)
- $2.00 Suave Coupon
- $1.50 Colgate Coupon

New Subtotal: $8.48

Used: $5.00 ECB

Paid OOP: $3.48 (gift card)

Received: $2.00 ECB (Suave) & $2.00 ECB (Colgate)

(!!!) It figures the only deodorant the husband will use is expensive, rarely on sale and never has coupons. I didn't plan on using any ECBs towards this order, just the gift card, but I noticed that $5 was expiring today, oops. I really need to pay attention to expiration dates on those damn things.

I ordered $13.00 worth of coupons on ebay. I'm hoping they get here before Friday/Saturday. If so, I'll have a mega-entry to post!!! ;) (That $13 spent will save me $419.60!!) Oh and my stockpile shelf is completely out of room! :x

No comments: